Friday 13 November 2009

Playing catch up

The other morning I forgot to take my pain meds, clean forgot, and instantly remembered the minute I started walking to work. I then made a bad decision, not to stop and take some but wait until I got to work to take them. Big mistake, huge! By that point I knew I was going to be playing catch up for the rest of the day. And I was going to be on my feet all day. My leg was aching from hip to knee by the time I got to the office and shovelled the first dicloflex down my throat. By lunch it was still raging - down went two paracetamol. Nup, no effect. I waited til 4pm before taking the second dicloflex. By 6pm it was easing up slightly but by this time both legs are feeling like they've been exercising for two days all the muscles are aching. Spent most of the evening with hot water bottles glued to the hip, took another dicloflex about 10.30pm and went to bed. Woke up totally pain free. First thing, took dicloflex before leaving for work. Will not be forgetting in future!

What an awful day pain-wise. I think most will forgive me that I burst into tears about 9pm thinking it'd never go away. I hate being dependent on painkillers. Hopefully next week's consultation will bring some sort of hope of treatment, although I'm slightly nervous about the results of the CT scan.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bex. Thanks for your comments on my blog. It's great to hear from someone who can relate to what I'm going through, although my problems are minor in comparison. I've generally been well since the hip block, although I've been very uncomfortable deep in both glutes. Over the weekend I was unable to sit, so has to rest on my front. It's not pain from my hips but I expect it's all related. I'm not much looking forward to a week at my desk! Drop me a message sometime (my email add is on my blog) if you ever wish the bend the ear of a fellow hippy. Paul

    ReplyDelete