Thursday 14 January 2010

A fall to start the year

I fell on black ice this morning. Like someone pulled the rug out from underneath me, crack down on my coccyx. Thankfully I was wearing several layers so there was cushioning and nothing's broken. But hip to toe on my right side is now unbearable to put weight through the joint. Well I don't have much cartilage in my right hip to protect my bones from that impact. I didn't make it to work (and somehow I feel guilty for this?) and I don't feel very happy. When you live with hip pain anyway, extra little traumas can tip you over into the category of 'temporarily immobile' very easily.

On a more positive note, at least I'll be getting my hip block on monday so any extra inflammation I've just piled onto the joint due to the fall will be getting a blast with a massive dose of anti-inflammatories.

No comments:

Post a Comment