Monday 15 February 2010

Postponed with 1 week to go

I'm not a happy bunny today. The hospital rang to say that for whatever reason my orthopod will be out of town next week and has had to put my surgery back 2 weeks to the 8th March.

With 1 week to go, everything organised, I'm absolutely gutted. I didn't realise how much of a toll this takes on you emotionally until I got that phonecall. Three more weeks of this pain! Urgh. The cortisone has worn off and I'm painfully reminded of why I'm having this surgery. When it's only 1 week to go you tell yourself it doesn't matter it won't be long. But when the goal posts shift unexpectly at the last minute, your heart sinks at having to put up with the pain and subconscious anxiety for even a minute longer than you thought you'd have to.

I know I will feel better in the morning. I guess I'm just going to have to occupy myself the next couple of weekends with something that takes my mind off this. I'm also going to be phoning the hospital a week in advance of this new date to double check. Mr. O'Hara said that only he would do this surgery, that his registrars weren't competent to do the procedure on me - I'm sure they are competent surgeons, but BHR surgery has a very very steep learning curve, and that's on regular hips, not dysplasic ones like mine! I'll wait however long for Mr. O'Hara, but I don't have to like it..... :o(

AMENDMENT: I got the letter through from the hospital this morning (tuesday), the surgery is on the 10th March. Harumph, another 2 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment