Monday 22 February 2010

The Waiting Game

~2 weeks to go (again!)

I'm getting fed up now. I should have had my shiny new hip today, but I'm hanging-on in here for another 2 weeks for Mr. Orthopod! Woke up this morning, fine and dandy, and as I was putting on my boots for work - my hip got stuck!! Like stuck. It sorta clicked as I was leaning over to hook my boot onto my foot. When I tried to straighten up, I couldn't....cue the panic!! It probably only lasted 2 seconds, but it felt like 2 mins before there was the most horrific grating sound and a pop which released my joint back. I'm still cringing thinking on it. Let's just say, it 'stings' a little.....like it stings when you drop a bookshelf on your foot! It gave me such a fright too, brought tears to my eyes.

Once I calmed down and the sharp pain had subsided I discovered that full weight on that leg wasn't happening today. I'm sort of sat on the sofa with my right leg extended out in a strange manner, fearing to bend it now.....it is not comfortable, and there are aches where I had none before. I'm trying to get work done at home, but I'm having to shift a lot due to these strange aches, so its not efficient (not that it would have been efficient in the office either).

Pesky orthopod's diary! Pesky boots once again!! Boooo......

No comments:

Post a Comment